Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Socks!!

I thought I would share a couple pictures of my recent knitting projects.  The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the past few weeks, and I've spent a lot of time knitting outside on the deck.  Knitted socks feel like a dream on your feet!!  Sooooo comfy!!

 
 These first ones are called Herringbone Rib Socks.  I LOOOVE how this pattern turned out and will definately use it again.



This second pair is a pattern called Monkey Socks.  It is one of the most popular socks patterns in the knitting community, and I FINALLY got around to trying it.  Also, it is my first time using Koigu sock yarn.  Super fun, quick pattern, and the yarn is so nice!!  Next time using this pattern, I will definately do the no-purl version for a more smooth sock.

Both pairs are for ME!!  :)

I will be finishing up another pair of socks in the next few days, along with a new hat for my son's birthday next week!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! Kris, you are a great knitter and I love that herringbone pattern...monkey sock one, too. My sis is a super knitter, too. She has made me several things, including handbags that she puts gorgeous pins on...Oh, the talent. I used to needlepoint but never ever find time since carding started. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - another knitter! LOL! Cool socks, Kris! (We drove through Inver Grove Heights on our way home from Winona on Sunday.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris! Are you kidding me?!! You can knit like that? Ohhhhh I would love to be able to do that but I'm not committed to learn and I'm not sure I could sit still in one place long enough. Oh my word.....they are just gorgeous. They would feel like heaven I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris...they turned out fabulous. I am so impressed. They are beautiful. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!